Crazy Cat Lady….
Neither Better Half nor I had ever owned a cat, but we’d promised Lovely Daughter an animal when we moved from Alaska. Enter this beautiful, 16-pound tuxedo cat. Baxter’s been with us six years, and he makes me smile every single time I spy him. When I couldn’t even lift my head off my pillow during those awful months of chemo, I’ll never forget BH bringing Baxter to my pillow (shocker!) and telling me someone wanted to say hi. Even cynical BH (who admittedly can NOT stand cat hair) agrees this fella is unnaturally cool and smart. He’s a lap cat or rather, a neck cat! The closer he can be to me the happier he is. He’s super smart; so darn brilliant. Here’s a short list of what I have learned from him:
- Naps are a necessity.
- You can eat the same amount of food every single day, but you will gain weight unless you exercise.
- Some people just can’t be trusted.
- Rodents can be tasty (hey, you ever had fried squirrel legs with gravy?).
- Fresh water tastes best.
- Yarn is loads of fun.
- Hiding and pouncing on people can be great entertainment.
- Milk does a body good.
- Treats are always welcomed.
- Snuggling next to a warm body is good for the soul.
- Lemongrass is tasty.
- Birds are fun to watch.
- Dogs really are scary and annoying.
Thank you sweetie pie; YOU will be the reason I turn into a Crazy Cat Lady!